Shaped by history: The Walzstahlhaus
An office building with charm. Built between 1938 and 1940 according to the designs of architects Heinrich Rosskotten and Karl Wach, the Walzstahlhaus, which is a listed building, immediately catches the eye.
WALZSTAHLHAUS IN DETAIL
Listed elements adorn the property
Statues enthroned on consoles, designed by the Düsseldorf sculptor Erich Kuhn, decorate the neoclassical property. The portal shows a monumentalized pillar construction spanning two storeys. Five console heads are attached to the southern axis of the building, each marking a new floor. In the representative building, which also impresses with its listed building components on the inside, the AOK insurance company uses office space of more than 10,000 m².
In good company with the Königsallee
Close to the famous Königsallee, the Walzstahlhaus is located in the popular Düsseldorf banking district. The quarter benefits from an excellent infrastructure with ideal transport connections. Versatile restaurants, nice cafés and numerous shopping facilities are in the immediate vicinity.